Tuesday 9 September 2014

Someone asked me on Facebook " What I do other than meeting the diplomats" !!!

Someone asked me on Facebook " What I do other than meeting the diplomats" so I thought of sharing my experiences on my 12 days recent Tour for NAMO. I am the OFBJP Convenor and this organisation now has presence in 50 countries across the world. This whole organisation works for BJP, in spreading its name, morals, duties, leadership, views, opinions and primarily spreading love for the country. Also in opening channels for business, growth and development of our NRI'S
In this tour I visited around 10 states in USA and Canada to touch base with around 15,000 NRI’s, PIO’s-American & Canadian Citizen and I will share my experiences with you. I will make one post daily for next 12 days which will give you a feeler of my contributions towards my party.
My first stop was Vancouver, Canada and I was there from 14th to 18th Aug 2014 and this is what I did there:-
OFBJP British Columbia, Canada chapter, led by its President Aditya Tawatia organized a “Grand Public program” on 15th Aug 2014 in Surrey Vancouver British Columbia in which NRIs & PIOs participated in large numbers. The Consul General of India in Vancouver Shri. Ravi Shankar Aisola attended and we all unfurled the Indian– flag. It may be recalled that the Khalistan movement started from Surrey in Canada many years ago. The Indian flag was burnt by the separatists there. Now organizing OFBJP program in their midst was a wonderful feat achieved by BJP well-wishers and supporters in Canada.
I interacted with the Indo-Canadian business leaders, parliamentarians and academicians in Canada on how they can contribute towards the growth of their Home country.
A book on Prime Minister Narendra Modi titled- A Political biography in Punjabi language was released by me along with Mr Aisola & Mr Tawatia. Homage was paid to Indian freedom fighters namely Shaheed Bhagat Singh, Raj Guru, Sukhdev and Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose and others. A cultural program of Bhangra, Bharat Natyam & Ghazals were performed by local artists including young boys & girls to promote Indian culture and heritage.





No comments:

Post a Comment